Sunday, February 13, 2011

having a baby?

There are a handful of choices of OBGYN doctors in Sierra Vista. I got this list from the internet. Anyone with experience with any of these Drs, please leave us a review in the comments!

Dr. Robert Holder: (520) 417-9920
Drs. Kenneth Kacenga & Bruce Silva: (520) 458-8075
Dr. Gwynn Patterson: (520) 458-0346
Dr. Peter Van Oosten: (520) 459-1914
Dr. Cynthia Funckes: (520) 459-1914

See? That handful thing wasn't an exaggeration!

But wait, there's more! For all the homebirthers out there, you're in luck: S.V. has one of the best midwives in the nation:

I heart my midwife! Seriously. She is an absolutely amazing birth attendant with over 20 years of experience. I had both my children at home in Sierra Vista with Stephanie's assistance.

New to homebirth? Check out this list of natural birth info!

Still scared??
Don't be! Read my daughters' birth stories here and here.
And feel free to link your own stories in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Dr. Griggs in not in town anymore, he moved about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Kacenga is a wonderful doctor! He always has time to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dahlia- Thanks for the info! I've taken Dr. Griggs off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not recommend Dr. Patterson at all! I go to Dr. Holder now for my second pregnancy and like him just fine. I had my son in Tucson so it has been a new experience for me being down here. Dr. Kacenga and Dr. Holder will not be delivering anymore soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dr. Holder! He delivered my daughter 2 years ago with an unexpected C-section, with no complications, and an almost non-existent scar. I made it just in time for Dr. Holder to deliver my second child in 6 weeks, because Tessa is right; as of this summer he will only be a GYN, although he will be on-call on the weekends as an OB at the hospital, at least until November (according to my discussion with him last week).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Van Oosten is horrible. I cannot stress that enough. His bedside manner is non-existent and he uses scare tactics frequently. Just my experience with him.

    ReplyDelete